The Terrible Two's

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Baby Girl Has A Name

You can all stop asking now!

It's official - although it appears that she may not be arriving for some time. The last few weeks of appointments have reported no progress toward labor, but I have decided on her name and the spelling of it. Max has been to Chuck E Cheese's a lot in the past week and I have decided to stop going into work after we get the petitions verified - possible middle of next week.

Madeline Hermione Gene'e Blocker
Nickname: Maddy
Madeline (Biblical) - Because I love it, as I did the Maxwell in Max's name when I decided on it.
Hermione (Greek - Beauty) - No, we are not Greek, but because it is different and I have loved it since I read my first Harry Potter book. You know I am into different, just go with it.
Gene'e (Family - French) - Gene'e was my favorite cousin of all time. The coolest person I ever met and knew. She died in 1995 at age 30 from cancer & complications when I was 21. She was my rock and my best grown-up friend, fun and full of life up to the end. I was devastated when she died; not having fully understood what was going on with her health. She had been fighting it and recovering from it for so many years; I guess I thought she would be there for me forever. I knew that if I ever had a daughter that Gene'e would be a part of her name.
Blocker - well you know why!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home