The Terrible Two's

Monday, October 19, 2009

Blocker Family Summer Vacation 2009

Staycation, smaycation, we went all out this past summer. So I have to interrupt my tribute to Maddy with the highlights of our family vacation. It all started with a few little words from my three year old, "Mommy, I want to go to the beach!" The beach I say, what the hell does he know about the beach! Some crap they learned at school.

We were already planning to go to North Carolina for my cousin Kiandra's graduation, so we tried to find a beach on the way or in the near vicinity. What we found was a piece of heaven on Earth. Corolla, NC was awesome. Max's request turned into a request from everyone else. Kisha got to visit the Art Institute in Atlanta, a school she wants to transfer to next Spring. Rodney got to visit the Kitty Hawk monument and the Talladega Speedway. All I got was to plan, pack, and get everybody moving everyday. I did get to see some of my favorite cousins and they got to meet Maddy for the first time. Oh, and I lost my fabulous 3.5 ct diamond and platinum wedding rings at the last hotel. I hope that maid is enjoying her very big tip.

Over an 8 day time period we logged in about 2,300 driving miles and about 46 hours of driving time. We all know I hate to drive and I ended up logging in a bunch of this time just so that we would make it to our next destination alive. Rodney gets so excited about road trips and then he's sleepy within the first 30 minutes. I knew it was going to be a long trip when we had to stop and change drivers before we got to Memphis.

Imagine this: 2 adults, 1 teenager, and 2 toddlers in a small SUV packed to the gills, huge cargo thingy packed on top, for all of that time. We travelled from Little Rock to Atlanta, Atlanta to Corolla, Corolla to Greensboro, Greensboro to Charlotte, Charlotte to Atlanta, Atlanta to Talladega, and then back home. Whew!!!

They had a blast! I enjoyed seeing them have so much fun. I needed a vacation from the vacation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home