The Terrible Two's

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Pretty Girls Wear Twenty Pearls

January 15, 2008


Happy 100th Birthday - Alpha Kappa Alpha!!!

On this day, 100 years ago in history, the dream of Ethel Hedgeman Lyle was realized and Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority was born! Happy Founder's Day, Sorors!! Congratulations on 100 years of "Service to All Mankind."


Starla and I attended the Centennial Celebration Press Conference at the State Capitol this afternoon. I had trouble finding some pink and green to wear to the occasion. Don't get me wrong I have plenty of pink and green - just not in maternity sizes. Shana helped me pull something together the night before and it was kinda of cute.

I got see lots of sorors that I hadn't seen in a awhile and that's always nice. Since 1908, the sisterhood of Alpha Kappa Alpha has responded to the world’s increasing complexity. It continues to empower communities through exemplary service initiatives and progressive programs. The main focus of the press event was "100 Days of Awareness," which is a campaign to make the Arkansas community aware of the devastating affects of, ways to prevent, and where to seek treatment in regard to cervical cancer. We were encourage to tell everyone who would listen to get regular pap smears and look into getting the new vaccination. It was amazing to hear that Arkansas was the leading state in deaths due to cervical cancer.

Today I also promised Markisha that I would become active in the grad chapter and if she decided to pledge (like she has a choice) that I would show up to pin her.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home