The Terrible Two's

Thursday, July 3, 2008

RIP Aunt Mary

A few days before Mother's Day Rodney's Aunt Mary passed away from complications related to a stroke. She had knee surgery the week the baby was born and was recovering nicely until she had a mild stroke the following week. The family gathered from far and near to honor her memory. She was one of my favorites. She was a soror and she was always so nice and sweet to me and my children. She always remembered all of the birthdays and special occasions which made me feel very welcome and special. She even sent a gift to the baby after she got home from the kneww surgury.

Max, Maddy, and I did not attend the service. The funeral was in Moro, AR the Saturday after I broke my toe. I was all booted up to my knee and drugged out of my mind. Can you imagine me, high as a kite, hobbling down a dirt road with a new born baby, trying to catch Max before he runs out into the cow pasture. Rodney took lots of pictures though; it was like a family reunion.

Below is Uncle Robert (Moro) who was married to Aunt married for almost 50 years.
Rodney's step grandmother Flo Mae (Aubry, AR) and his Aunt Emma Jean (Chicago, IL).
Markisha, Mary, and Aunt Mae Lee (Little Rock)
This is Rodney and his favorite bunch of family from Chicago. He spent as much time with them as he did with his mother. His Aunt has six children and they are more like brothers and sisters than cousins.
You ever wonder what Rodney's brothers who grew up in Arkansas look like. You're in luck, below is Andrew (middle brother) and his wife Veitra. I think Andrew is eight, maybe ten years older than Rodney. I think he looks like their mother.
The Four Horsemen - That's what they named themselves. Rodney and his cousins used to convene from Chicago and Little Rock every summer to Moro. Robert (Aunt Mary's only son), Johnny (Aunt Emma's son), Byron (Aunt Geneva's son), and Rodney
Rodney got home around 2 AM after being gone since 8 AM that morning. He and Johnny partied in Moro after the funeral and repass and then ended up at a night club in Little Rock. I was left at home with my three children (KWK, Max-2.5, Maddy-3weeks), and three of my brothers children 10, 4, and 2. By the end of the night I was crazy and crying and Max was sick with a fever. He woke up several times to ask when his Daddy was coming home and finally he climbed up on the couch with a blanket and fell asleep. This is how Rodney found him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home