The Terrible Two's

Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas Time is a Party Time!

December 9, 2007

At 3PM we hosted a Christmas decorating party at our house!!! We had a busy Sunday. Some of my friends from work felt sorry for me and made the suggestion. So they decorated and I fed them. Those who attended were Tasha and Kiara, Stacia and Jacob, Shayla, Anita, and Shana. Everyone wanted to know where Starla was; she refused because she knew that we decorated our whole house and not just one tree. Of course Markisha, Mama, and Rodney (for a little while) were in the mix. I have thanked you all individually and personally, but I need to publicly say thank you for blessing the Blocker House! I also need to send a shout out to Sharon who came the Thursday before and help me clean house for five hours. It was sparkling like a brand new penny when she left.



The pink & green tree is my personal tree and it is upstairs outside of our bedroom door.


The big tree downstairs was decorated in purple and gold and silver.


The menu consisted of brisket, croissants, Olive Garden salad (my latest craving), fruit, cheese, cheese spreads, beef summer sausage, assorted crackers, apple cider, egg nog, soda, and water.


Our family is so huge now that our stockings are never hung by the chimney with care. That space is reserved for My, Kobi, and Jamey's childhood stockings (also pictured below). So our stockings are hung from the stair banister. This year we added one for Gigi. Next year we'll add one for Maddy.



The kitchen table centerpiece was inspired by Martha Stewart. The highlight of the centerpiece is an old white string ornament that has my name on it in red sequence. I made it 28 yrs ago in Mrs. Sear's kindergarten class at Parkview High School.

As you can tell by the armoire, we decorated every nook and cranny of the house, including a fully lighted train on the catwalk. Last year we had the presents that were on the porch on the catwalk.

A few days later Rodney and I did the lights in the yard. Yes, it was six days before Christmas, but it was still very pretty.









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home