The Terrible Two's

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Backyardigan's, LIVE!!!

Every evening when we get home Max says, "I need to watch TV." I respond, "You don't need to watch TV, but I will let you watch for a little while. What do you want to watch?" He in turn responds, "Tyrone!" Tyrone is his favorite character from the Nick Jr. show The Backyardigan's.
That's why today I am so excited that my baby is at his first live show - The Backyardigan's - A Knight's Tale. Rodney couldn't get off for the evening show and I couldn't get off for the morning show, so we decided it would be easier for Rodney to take him to the morning show. I think we are more excited than Max, but I have been pumping him up for the last few days. I hope they are having a good time. My fear is that Max will freak out from the live characters and that Rodney will respond poorly. He did get him a hat or t-shirt and a souvenir plate! I hope they take lots of pictures so I can post them later. Oh, and in case you were wondering the Backyardigan's is a cartoon with lots of singing and dancing which Max loves. But the thing I like most about it is that it encourages children to use their imagination to go on lots of adventures and it teaches a few history or science lessons while entertaining. It first caught my attention when I discovered that the characters names were Pablo, Tyrone, Uniqua, Tasha, and Austin. Does that sound like the Rainbow Coalition or what! They also end each show in the backyard where they then go into the house for a snack - Max loves that part too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home