The Terrible Two's

Monday, July 28, 2008

Happy Birthday, Shana!

Saturday was my best friend, Shana's birthday and boy did I blow it! After 21 years of friendship, a husband, live-in mother, and two babies - I missed it. I didn't forget, I just don't what day it is - literally. Her birthday is July 26th; I thought the 26th was on Sunday. Because another friend has been saying for two months that she is having a housewarming party on the 26th. So last week when she kept saying that the party was Sunday, I thought that was the 26th. Still no excuse, but sleep deprivation does weird stuff to your brain.
After she chastised me over the phone for several minutes and a few ugly messages we decided to go to lunch at PF Chang's. Our tradition, since I got engaged, has been for Rodney to personally deliver her flowers wherever she was during the day, and then we would have dinner. A long way from our club hopping all night party days - more like party months! When we arrived Max said, "Mommy, I need to ride horse." Upon further investigation he tunred that into, "Horse too big."

All of the Blocker's, minus one got together for the celebration. Max was excited to see Auntie Shanie! Maddy does what she does best - look cute, smile, sleep, and request food when my dinner gets to the table.

Even though I forgot - we still had a good time! Yes she is that much shorter than I am. She is 4'9.5" and I am 5'10.5" - we like our halves. I cropped the bottom of the picture off because Rodney didn't tell me my belly was out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home