The Terrible Two's

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Pinnacle Mountain Picnic

The Saturday before I went back to work, I decided to do something I had not done in a long time. It is actually a tradition from my early twenties, but every summer right before the Fall semester would begin I would go to Pinnacle Mountain for a picnic lunch and a hike. I know it's not Fall and that hiking is out of the question with my debilitated foot and that I was not starting classes. But I gathered up my little family anyway and off we went to Subway to pick up sandwiches and chips; our spin on the traditional picnic. Unfortunately there was rain in the forecast, but it was still a really nice outdoor outing and we finished up right before the rain.
We ate our sandwiches and then hit the playground.
There were quite a few children out that day.
I ended up playing tag team with this man and his granddaughter.
Little Maddy slept through the whole outing. This is her in the stroller as we walked the small trail that they have created across from the mountain. I think I am going to try to strap her to my back and tackle one of the smaller trails up the mountain next time.
Max is hard to keep up with these days so we have to come up with creative ways to keep him contained. This is our most recent method. It doesn't last for long though. I think we are too tall, plus, he doesn't like to be unsteady on his feet.
For some reason Max was mortified by this tree. We saw Shrek the Third earlier that week and it starred some wicked enchanted trees. Maybe that is what had him spooked; he totally freaked out when I tried to get a picture of them standing in front of the tree.
No trip to the park is official without a good swing. It was a really nice outing. I wish we had more time to spend with each other to do things like this more frequently.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home