The Terrible Two's

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Independence Day


We had the most quiet 4th of July that I can remember in years! No one came to our house and we didn't go to visit anyone. We did receive a few invitations, but declined them all. And totally missed the one from Kobi and James because I didn't even answer the phone or call anyone. KWK was out of town and I was sick as a dog. I think I should have started work the week after. Rodney grilled lots of food and I helped where I could, but didn't get to enjoy any of it. I laid around from bed, to coach, to chair, to coach, back to bed and remained that way until Sunday morning for church. By Saturday Rodney and Max were sick too, and by Monday I think it had gotten to Maddy, but in a much milder form. Around 10 PM Max and Rodney went outside to fire up some whistling bottle rockets while Maddy and I slept inside. Maybe it will be more exciting next year!



I did manage to dress Maddy in her 4th of July outfit that my friend Bonnie sent to her from Branson, MO, via Fayetteville, AR. She was a doll! I was able to get a few pictures, but not without Max.





I think this little photo session triggered the green-eyed monster in Max. He didn't want me to touch Maddy the next day. He threw all of her empty bottles in the refrigerator so that I would not make her anymore and he sat in my lap for hours, which is something he never does. I can't hardly get him to sit anywhere for more than five minutes these days without restraints. I wonder if it was being sick (you know how men are when they are sick). He is still very protective of her and that hasn't happened since so maybe it was an isolated event. She's still "My [his] Baby!"

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home