The Terrible Two's

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Markisha's AME Senior Recognition Banquet

Every year Markisha's church district celebrates it's high school graduating seniors. YID was a great start at leadership practice for her. She used to be very involved, but as her interests and priorities changed over the past few years, she lost interest. The recognition banquet was very nice.




The week of the program I stayed up until 2 maybe 3 in the morning helping her create this shrine to herself. I think it was the prettiest one there. Sometimes I surprise myself. All of the seniors set their achievement boards up at their individual churches that following Sunday.
Dinner was a nice teenage meal of burgers, hot dogs, and nachos. They loved it and it was actually pretty good!

Although I was dressed to attend Max's vacation bible school picnic, I decided at the last minute to support Markisha. Her mother had to work and could not make it. So since I had missed so many other things the last few months of the pregnancy and the first few months after Maddy arrival, it seemed the proper thing to do.
They had a very interesting panel discussion. It was mixed with current college students, a recent college grad, a pastor in their district, and a college admissions administrator. I think they gave the children a lot of information for them to take with them and put to practical use as they enter college and the real world.
Group photo

All of the seniors received a goody bag with school supplies and gift cards.

I was glad I decided to go support her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home