The Terrible Two's

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Vacation Bible School

One May Sunday, Max's cousins were dressed and ready for church and waiting for their ride. They played in the front yard - Max in his green dinosaur pj's - as KWK took pictures. I was still on my six week shut in so we weren't going to church. When their ride arrived Max had a total meltdown about wanting to go to church with them. So we got him dressed and sent him on. It was a big step for Rodney and I because we had never let him go off alone with anyone other than Kish or Shona. When they got back home, the report was that he was perfect and he was invited to Vacation Bible School that started the next day. So I let him go!



Aryshona dropped him off everyday at Greater Archview Baptist Church and Ms. Foreman brought him home every night - full of energy. He seemed to really enjoy himself. On Friday night they had a special presentation by all of the classes including Max's. I didn't think he would act right if he saw me, so I stayed hidden as best I could. Gigi and Daddy took lots of pics of Max's fist church speech/performance. The preschool class sang and acted out Father Abraham. It was incredibly funny and cute.

Max marched out with the rest of the class. I think the preschool teacher was very brave to deal with a big class of toddlers. Especially my niece, nephew, and Max. The three of them together could scare the devil away. Below is the teacher holding Kobi Janai (niece). She was the youngest in the class, she didn't perform.
Max started out playing with the flower arrangement near the stage area.

Father Abraham had many sons, and many sons had Father Abraham . . .
I am one of them and so are you so let's just praise the Lord.

Right arm, left arm - he's thinking about about.

. . . right foot, left foot . . . he's doing it now

. . . nod your head, turn around and sit down!!! He missed that part because some where near the end, he spotted me. After which he stopped everything, gave me a big smile, and said "Hi Mommy!" And then he went back in for the finale.
He sat with Ms. Foreman for a little while, but eventually he drifted over to the other side of the church to find and sit with me. I am really to Ms. Foreman for taking care of them those 4 or 5 evenings. The first night I didn't know what to do with myself, but it got easier as the week progressed. Unfortunately, it ended just as I really got into the swing of no Max in the evening.
Kamron (nephew) gave a Tony award winning performance!

The next day they went to the picnic.

Kobi Janai was cute in her scarf and halter.

KWK ended up taking Max because Rodney and I went to Kisha's graduation banquet at one of the AME churches.


Kamron had a great time playing in the water attraction. He is really cute and fun to be around when he is not whining.

Kobi Janai dressed out for water play but opted not to get to wet. Max was dressed when he got there and would not even go near the water. He was too busy vying for Gigi's attention in the bingo section. They are totally competitive when all three are in her presence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home