The Terrible Two's

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Graduation - The Beginning

May 29, 2008

Markisha's graduation was a bittersweet event for me. But her Daddy was excited and nervous as if it were her wedding day. Between his and KWK's camera, we took about 600 pictures which I plan on posting on Winkflash or something, but couldn't possibly put on this blog. I have included enough pictures to tell the story. And it will take me about 4 posts to get those all in.

Below is Rodney, Max, and Maddy climbing the stairs. Ironically last summer Markisha and I were talking and she mentioned that she wanted her father and I to have another baby. I jokingly responded "Yeah, right" and added some comment to the effect that if I got pregnant then that I would either have to walk the stairs of Alltel 8 or 9 months pregnant at graduation, or that I would be pushing a stroller. I also told her that it might be an embarrassing time for her (being the only graduating senior with baby siblings - many of her friends think it's gross). We also talked about the type of relationship she would or would not have with the new baby. It would be much different than the one she has with Max because she would just be beginning her adult life which involved a lot of time and self involvement. It made her sad and we went on to another conversation. I actually think I was pregnant at the time of the conversation. Maddy was 6 weeks old at the time of graduation!
Shana, my BFF, was present for the festivities and of course a little Max control. Again, I had the freshly broken toe.
It would not be official without me taking pictures of the before. The Blockers are habitually late for events and to get somewhere before the program starts is a slight miracle. So I took pictures of the stage and the diplomas and the empty chairs. I want you to get the full effect as if you were there.



This is Danny Fuller. He is my all time favorite teacher, with KWK being a close second. He was my high school chemistry teacher. He is such a hippy and was so laid back with us. He made science fun, cool, and easy to understand. He is retiring this year and I wish him much happiness in the future!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home