The Terrible Two's

Sunday, February 3, 2008

The Dark Side - Phase 3 Gone Wrong

I went to check on Max about midnight to see how he was doing in his new bed. Because of the freedom the new bed will grant Max, we gated both entry ways to his room so that he couldn't get out of bed and roam the house. We put him in his room around 9 PM, in the dark with "Finding Nemo." At 10:30 his Daddy checked on him and he was out of bed and going through the PJ drawer finding the matching top to his pants. I was already asleep but Rodney told me to check on him periodically - "yeah right." I found him sleeping soundly in his bed (pictured below).I also found his room a total mess. Some how he found a box in his top chester drawer that has been there since his birth and pulled it out. His Daddy had (unbeknowgst to him) also arranged for him to have unlimited access to his room light. In the box he found a black laundry pen, a puzzle, the screws to the crib, instructions to assembling his new bed, his digital ear themometer, and all of his wash cloths. It must of been the greatest time of his life. He marked up everything he could think of. Below are pictures of the mayhem. The hamper was full of his clean PJ's which he had removed from the drawer - all of them.
He pulled all of his pull-ups from the diaper stacker and marked a few of them. Under that pile I discovered the contents of his backpack that we had taken out on a little shopping trip yesterday.
Thankfully, this wall is the only one he marked on. He also embellished his already hanging piece of artwork there, his giraffe chair, and the puzzle.
He marked his diaper/trash pail.

He really did a number on the themometer. I am not sure if it is going to work ever again. I should have put one on the registry I did for the new baby yesterday at Babies R Us. Guess I'll have to go back and add one.
He even wrote on himself. It really looks like two of those letter make a "K" and an "N"

I am not sure if he ran out of ink or if the pen dried up first, but it doesn't write anymore. And those things are hard to find. But I guess he went to bed after he finished his art project. His Daddy wants to beat him; he didn't think it was funny when I called to share the news. Gigi and I laughed about when I called her in the middle of the night. I agreed with Daddy but I think it's mostly our fault. He had plenty of light (which I thought I had made impossible). I had asked for child proof latches on the drawers when the boy was 6 months old and crawling (but they never got installed). And we didn't check the drawers. Oh well!!! Can't wait to see what happens tonight.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home