The Terrible Two's

Thursday, August 7, 2008

It's Official!



After a long career (30+ yrs) in education, "Check" KWK has retired. Yes, you heard right the "Teacher of the Year" has left the building!

For months she has been complaining and eluding to the fact, but I never believed that she would do it. I have be teasing her the whole time, and just to be honest, expect her to report to work on next Friday with the rest of her colleagues. But all of the paperwork has been filed, the proper people have been notified, the classroom is cleared out, and the first check is on the way . . .

Congratulations, Mama! Now I will start planning the retirement soiree and what a grand affair it shall be! I shall also followup with blogs about some of my most memorable experiences having a teacher for a mother - next week everyday.
P.S. And for those of you who are wondering why I inserted the photo of myself - it's not me, it's KWK in her mid 20's. We were both fine in our 20's!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home