The Terrible Two's

Monday, October 19, 2009

Talladega, AL

This one was a big deal for Rodney and Max. For Max it was like real live Lightnin' McQueen from Carz which was his last year's birthday party theme. i have to admit that I thought it was pretty cool too. I have passed it bunches of time and never thought twice about it. I had no idea it was actually a a NASCAR thing.


The Blocker family giving the thumbs up in the winner's circle.


Max and Kisha at the wheel of an old disassembled NASCAR.

Max and Maddy. Maddy didn't like this leg of the trip much. She and Kisha were bored after the first 30 minutes. We spent several hours - we did the tour of the race track, and the Motor Sports Hall of Fame.

The museum entrance. We got cool t-shirts and actually considered bringing Max back for the races which are being held on his birthday weekend this year instead of throwing him a party. We opted for the party - the thought of NASCAR fanatics on Halloween in Alabama frightens me. Maybe we will try it next year.


About 30 outside of Talladega is when I noticed my rings were gone. Good-bye rings.
Back to Little Rock! All in all it was a good time, but I was ready to get back home. We arrived in Little Rock at 1 AM; I was at my desk at 6:30 AM working my heart out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home