The Terrible Two's

Thursday, February 28, 2008

House of the Plauge

I haven't blogged in a while because we have all been sick of one thing or another. Last weekend I missed a Ya-ya event and Max missed two birthday parties. So no fun pictures cause we haven't done anything, but lie around.
Max came home early from school last Thursday with the Flu. I nursed him back to health all weekend with three prescriptions, lots of fluids, and lots of "Mommy and Me" time. Every time his temperature spiked he insisted that we both lie down to watch "Nemo," which has become his favorite movie these days. Thank Bonnie for convincing me to purchase "Finding Nemo" a hundred years ago. I think I saw it five times in a three day period.
By Saturday, Rodney started complaining of an itchy throat and sinus congestion. By Sunday, I was feeling bad, but not quite sure what was going on with me. Monday morning Max went to school and I took Rodney to the doctor. He was feverish and hacking all over the place by then and I insisted that we go so that I didn't get what he got. I had already spent several hours at the pediatrician's office where I was told there was nothing they could give me to prevent me from getting the flu and I had talked to my OB twice who suggested some over the counter stuff to treat any symptoms I might get. We spent from about 10:30 AM to 4:00 PM trying to see the walk-in doctor who diagnosed him with a sinus infection and gave him some antibiotics. She told me I probably had the same thing, but since I hadn't checked in she didn't give me anything. We hired a babysitter, went home and slept the rest of the day and night. Or at least I tried to.
After 48 hours of pure misery, coughing, vomiting, congestion, fever, incontinence . . . I went to the doctor again yesterday. It took all morning but finally someone gave me some antibiotics and some cough medicine that actually works! And a note to stay off the rest of the week. After getting a humidifier to put some moisture in the air I finally got some rest last night. I still had to get up every 2-3 hours for the usual pregnancy stuff and some coughing or taking a prescription, but the in between time was pure bliss.
I think I may have finally shaken the fever. For five days I have not hardly been able to hold my head up. I have been moving from bed to bed. Today, I have enough energy to at least do this blog entry. It is my goal to disinfect the upstairs - wash all of the linens, empty the trash cans and spray Lysol like there's no tomorrow. I am probably being a little ambitious, but I have good intentions.
Pray for us. Can't wait for a better week!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home