The Terrible Two's

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Kisha gets to College

As I mentioned in the blog before. We took Kisha to Arkansas State on August 23 and moved her into the dorms. Below is the bare dorm room that we arrived to on that bright Saturday morning. A bed, chest, desk and chair with rockers.
She is sharing a suite with three (3) other young ladies. They share a bathroom that has no locks from the inside. They are going to have to get creative with the signals for letting each other know the bathroom is occupied. There was no door for the toilet, a shower with a curtain, and a double sink with wall to wall mirrors.
After about 6 hours of hard work I finally got sifted to the mess of "the friend" who had the stash and grab technique for decorating a dorm room and the room started coming together. Kisha and I were exhausted and frustrated by that time and her father had discovered the joys of the Zine (MP3 Player), as you can see below as he sits in the chair.
When we got it all put together and had made the list of things she still needed we took a few moments to snap some pictures.
Oh yea, her mother showed back up, and I got a nice picture of the 1st Blocker family. Max still doesn't understand about our little blended family and he gets Kisha and her mother mixed up some time.

I would be doing you a great disservice if I did not show you the well organized closet that I left her with. Boy did my OCD kick in.


Even after I got the room put together and she was all comfy on her bed, she did not want us to leave her. Her father wanted to take her to dinner and then she wanted to go to Wal-mart with us.

More to come . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home