The Terrible Two's

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Pretty In Pink

March 15, 2008

My mother hosted a baby shower in my honor a few weeks ago. The theme was "Pretty ~n~ Pink and she asked the guests to wear their favorite pink outfits or accessories. It had nothing to do with me or being an AKA; it was all about the "girl power" - baby girl power that is! I think almost everyone participated. There were so many pictures that I broke them up into several different entries.

Below, the first guest arrived at 2:55 PM sharp for the 3 PM shower. As usual we were just finishing up. But Mama did an excellent job on everything, considering she does not do anything before the last minute. She actually planned some of the stuff ahead of time and got many things done before the day of the shower. You can teach old dogs, some new tricks!

The baby outfits on clotheslines I thought were an interesting little touch to the decorations.

And there were other very creative Katherine Wright Knight original decorations around the room. The sponge bows made from foam sponges and curly ribbon were tied around the chairs. There were ribbons hanging from the chandelier attached to wiffle-balls and baby shoes hanging all over the place. The food was good and thank God we didn't have all of the left overs we normally have.
The cake was ginormous; it was from community bakery. A full sheet - half white, half strawberry with cream cheese icing and a cute little baby picture of me on the front. My mother says I was 2 months old in that picture, but I really thought I was at least a year old. We didn't have much cake left either.



1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home